Federal Skilled Trades

Federal Skilled Trades

Federal Skilled Trades

Federal Skilled Trades program is one of the three federal programs of immigration developed to attract skillful tradespeople from abroad. This program is aimed at such specialists as electricians, plumbers, technicians, butchers, bakers, chefs and cooks. Federal Skilled Trades (FST) is also served by the online selection system Express Entry.

How to immigrate via Federal Skilled Trades program?

Immigration under Federal Skilled Trades program is more complex compared to Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Worker programs. Firstly, foreign specialists who work in trade occupations, usually have a lower level of education and proficiency in Canadian official languages.

Hence, they score lower points in the Express Entry and have lower chances to get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a permanent residency from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Secondly, the eligibility criteria of Federal Skilled Trades are different from the Federal Skilled Workers.

Are you a tradesperson who wish to immigrate to Canada? Best Quality Immigration can advise you if you meet all the criteria of this program

Who is eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades program?

To be eligible for this program, a candidate must have work experience in his/her trade for at least 2 years (or the same amount of part-time work experience) in the last 5 years before applying for immigration. A tradesperson must also meet the language proficiency requirements set for this program. Finally, and the most important, to be eligible for the FST, you need to have a valid full-time job offer for a duration of at least 1 year in Canada or obtain a certificate of qualification (license for the right to work in your trade) in this occupation, issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.

Who is eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades program

What works are valid for the FST?

Most occupations eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades program belong to the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level B. It is also important that your duties correspond with the list of duties according to the NOC description. In different countries, job requirements may be different from a Canadian job with the same title. Ideally, it is necessary that your functions at work and your NOC match up to 75%. It is also worth making sure that you get all the necessary education to match your NOC.

If you are not sure if your homeland occupation correlates with the Canadian occupation, it is better to get the advice from professionals. Best Quality Immigration will assist you in this matter!

What is the language proficiency level required for FST

What is the language proficiency level required for FST?

You must meet the minimum language proficiency requirement of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing. Those requirements are not that hard to achieve, so in this instance, the eligibility criteria for knowing English or French is easier to meet.

Contact Best Quality Immigration, a licensed immigration company, to get a professional consultation if you wish to immigrate to Canada as a Foreign Skilled Trade specialist.

I would like to know more about this and keep in touch with you